After using Wax Wraps for a while they can look a little crumpled and tired, but there’s an easy way to make them look as good as new.
This video, taken by some friends, shows what a Wax Wrap looks like after a year of regular use, and how they revive it. Full instructions can be found below the video
- An old cookie sheet (warm wax can be messy and difficult to clean up so use a pan you don’t care about)
- A silicon baking mat
- An oven
- A place to hang your Wax Wrap
- Grated beeswax (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 140°C.
- Put a silicon baking mat down on the cookie sheet and lay your Wax Wrap on top of the mat.
- Warm the Wrap in the oven keeping the door open, watching your Wrap as the wax heats up, which will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the wax on the Wrap has re-melted, carefully take the Wrap out by its corners and hang it up quickly before the wax dries.
- Once it’s cool – about 1 minute – your SuperBee Wax Wrap will be ready to use and look smooth and new!
If the wax has worn off in places, you can sparingly sprinkle some grated wax from our Beeswax Wrap Mixture onto the Wrap before you heat it in the oven.
Refreshing your Wax Wrap this way is very simple and sustainable, enabling our Wax Wraps to be reused for a very long time.